|INTERNATIONAL ECOENERGY ACADEMY|
|Fagan Aliyev, President
5, Mammad Rahim Str, Baku AZ1073 Republic of Azerbaijan
phone: +99 450 214 0199 fax: +99 412 538 2370
International Ecoenergy Academy (IEEA) was founded on May, 1994. National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan, Clean Energy Research Institute of USA, Russian Association ABOK and Scientific Manufacturing Association “Gunesh” are the main founders of the lEA. Academy has 185 members including 54 foreign and 131 Azeri scientists in the area of environment protection and environmental situation assessment, energy saving, alternative energy development, buildings’ microclimate and indoor environment, people’s radiation safety and impact of industrial developments on human health, etc.
The main objectives of the Academy are:
- Research into the fundamental problems of conventional and renewable environmentally clean energy development
- Establishment, implementation and practice of the highest environmental standards during the reorganization of the Caspian region’s economy and industry
- Research into environmental problems linked with the atmosphere, overall research on the pollution of atmosphere by various industrial and transport emissions and environmental assessment
- Organization of joint seminars and training courses (MSc and Ph.D courses) in cooperation with European, American, Russian, Ukrainian and other educational centers
- Extensive environmental studies on the effect of offshore field development on the Caspian Sea, its flora and fauna, development of a complex monitoring system of oil-gas fields’ exploration and production in the Caspian Contract area to protect the wonderful and unique nature of the Caspian Sea for future generations
- Development and realization of international programmes in cooperation with foreign academic centers, companies and nongovernmental organizations.
The main scientific projects developed and implemented by lEA in the said areas are:
- Basics of Azerbaijan energy development till 2010
- The use of solar collectors to provide power supply
- Feasibility study of wind-electric conversion systems for offshore oil platforms in Azerbaijan ( in cooperation with Italian Trento University, client -SOCAR)
- Automated energy supply, conditioning and regular microclimate controlling systems
- Environmental research on the Caspian sea
- Preliminary research and monitoring of water birds’ population in the oil polluted zones
- Radioecological situation assessment on the Absheron peninsula caused by oil field exploration and development (client – SOCAR)
- Key directions of Azerbaijan national scientific-production and complex programme “Radon” for 1998-2010 years
- Remediation of the Absheron oil contaminated soils
- Toxico-radioecological situation assessment and monitoring during oil and gas fields’ development in the Caspian Contract area.
- Ecotoxicological regulation of discharges to the Caspian Sea
- The use of channels and irrigation reservoirs hydro resources for energy generation in Azerbaijan through small hydro power plants
- Protection of population from harmful impact of radon (gas) and radio-nuclides
- Assessment of current environmental situation on Zykh-Govsany oil field on the Absheron peninsula (client -Lukoil Overseas Absheron Ltd.)
- Environmental Impact Assessment and development of ecological passport on two projects in Baku city (client -JSC “LukoilAzerbaijan”)
- Building radiation safety – a project on the development of Azerbaijan Republic’s state construction norms (client-State Committee for Construction and Architecture)
- Quality assurance for radionuclide studies along the Chirag-Sangachal pipeline, around Chirag 1Y, GChA and GChA-6 oil wells (client – BP Company)
- Programme ‘Air quality control in Azerbaijan” (in cooperation with German company DBG)
- Project “A study on seismic disaster prevention/mitigation basic plan in Baku” (in cooperation with Japanese Kobe University)
- Hydro-hydrogen Pilot Project for Niyazoba, Azerbaijan Republic (in cooperation with UNIDO-ICHET)
- Environmental monitoring of asbestos disposal sites (client -ERT Ltd., Great Britain)
- Study and development of a technology for the cleaning of the produced water and sewage from oil, oil products and phenols in Offshore Oil and Gas Production Association (client- “Offshore oil and gas production” PA, SOCAR)
- Preparation of large-scale electronic maps (1: 10000) of oil polluted soils of the Absheron peninsula. The project has been implemented under the plan of measures according the Decree of Azerbaijan Republic president dated 28 September 2006.
- Development of a project for the use of hybrid alternative energy systems in mountainous Khinaliq village of Guba region.
- Advocacy Campaign “Effective Utilization o f Renewable and Alternative Energy” in Azerbaijan, (USAID).
- Project “Improvement of Azerbaijan’s legislation relating to Renewable Energy Sources (RES) and Energy Efficiency (EE) and its bringing in conformity to the EU legislation” under the EU Program “Support to Energy Reforms”.
- Project of the Sustainable Development of Occupied Garabagh territories after freeing them from armenian occupation,