The Ninth Baku International Congress“Energy, Ecology, Economy” held on7-10 June, 2007.The aim of the 9thCongress was to discuss major global problemssuch as environmental pollution, energy shortage, climate change and ozone layer depletion, etc.It provided an excellent opportunity for participants to be informed,and exchange opinions and findings on environmentalfriendly technologies, in particular, alternative energy technologies.
The 9th Congress structured around plenary andtechnical sessions, press-conferences, visits and cultural events.
The main topics of the Congress were:
- Energy development and global environmental problems
- Impact of conventional fuels on natural environment and living resources
- Global warming, climate change, ozone depletion and disasters
- Control of atmosphere air. Greenhouse gases abatement
Sustainable energy development
- Energy saving
- Environmental friendly technologies
- Alternative energy resources
- Hybrid energy systems
- Prospects of hydrogen energy
Environmental problems of the Caspian Sea and Absheron peninsula
- Impact of the development of oil-gas fields on the regions’ landscapes, flora and fauna, and people health
- Safety and environmental problems of oil-gas pipelines and engineering-communication systems.
- Radiation safety.
- Water and land resource protection.
- Waste management and utilisation
Delegates from the related ministries, NGOs, scientific-research institutes and universities as well as foreign embassies and international companies participated in the congress ceremony and plenary sessions held on 7June.
A number of interesting lectures was delivered by scientists and experts from Azerbaijan, Japan, Germany, Georgia, Russia and Turkey at the Congress technical sessions on 8-9 June.The Congress was concluded with discussion and adoption of the Congress Resolution on 10 June, 2007.
International Ecoenergy Academy National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan Republic Clean Energy Research Institute, USA Azerbaijan Engineering Academy
- Veziroglu, director, the US Clean Energy Research Institute, president of the International
Association for Hydrogen Energy
- Aliyev, president. International Ecoenergy Academy
- Kerimov, president, National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan Republic
- Mehdiyev, president, Azerbaijan Engineering Academy
- Bagirov, minister of Ecology and Natural Resources of Azerbaijan Republic
- Aliyev, minister of Industry and Energy of Azerbaijan Republic
Kh. Yusifzade, first vice-president, State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic
- Hashimov, first vice-president. National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan Republic
- Khalilova, director foreign department, International Ecoenergy Academy
- Mainedov, chairman of Azerbaijan State Committee of Land and Cartography
- Mamedova, chancellor, Azerbaijan Architecture and Construction University S. Karayev, chancellor, Azerbaijan Slate oil Academy
- Mamedov, chancellor, Azerbaijan Technical University
- Hajiyev, deputy minister of Emergency of Azerbaijan Republic
- Mamedov, vice-president, International Ecoenergy Academy
- Babayev, director, Institute of Soil Science and Agrochemistry of ANAS
- Aliyev, director general, Engineering Services Closed JSC, SOCAR
- Aliyev, head of economic department, Azerbaijan Ministry of Industry and Energy
- Efendiyev, director, Institute of Polymer Materials of ANAS
- Mustafayev, director, Azerbaijan Research and Designing Prospecting Institute of Energetics O. Mamedyarov, Azerbaijan Research and Designing Prospecting Institute of Energetics F. Hajiyev, head of department, Scientific-Research Institute SOCAR F. Hajizade, director, Azerbaijan SRI “Ecology”
- Akhundov, director, Azerbaijan Research Institute of Fisheries of Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources
- Khalilov, president. International Foundation SEC A
- Janahmedov, scientific secretary, Azerbaijan Engineering Academy
- Aslanov, Republic Center of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Ministry of Health of Azerbaijan
International Executive Committee
- Goozal, Middle East Pertrol Sh. Takada, Kobe University, Japan T. Bluhm, Diisseldorf University, Germany
- Newcombe, director Health, Safety, Environment and Security, BP Azerbaijan
- Askerov, co-director HSE, BP Azerbaijan
- lkilinc, KiSKA Technical Construction Company, Turkey
- Piccioni, company G& Fint, Italy
Yu. Tabunshikov, ABOK, Russia
- Khoshravan, vice-president Corp. Marketing, Iran
Ballerini, French Petroleum Institute, France
Yal, KiSKA Technical Construction Company, Turkey M. Harada, Cospa International Inc., Japan
- Ture, director sponsored programmes, UNIDO-ICHET, Turkey M. Sadeghi, Elite Academy, Iran