The Sixth Baku International Congress planned for September 23-26, 2001 was postponed to May 30-June 3, 2002 year due to the terrorist act happened on 11 September, 2001year in USA and in a mark of the protest of the IEA scientists against such anti-human act.
The Congress opening ceremony in “Gulustan” Palace was attended by the heads of governmental bodies, ambassadors of foreign countries, press representatives, delegates from international organizations and business circles. The chairman of the 6th Congress FeganAliyev made an opening speech. Welcoming talks were made by the president of the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic N. Aliyev, Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources of Azerbaijan H. Bagirov, the president of ExxonMobil company D. Goodbread, representative of BP company F. Askerov, ambassador of Russia N. Ryabov and ambassador of Iran A. Gazai.
Speakers mentioned the role of the International Baku Forums ” Energy, Ecology, Economy ” in the solution of such global problems as maintaining ecological balance, reduction of anthropogenic pressure upon ecosystems, rational use of natural resources, including fuel and energy resources and protection of the environment. An important result of these congresses is the increase of coordination of activities of scientists from various countries and regions, their cooperation, understanding and support by governmental bodies in the solution of organizational, economic and technical problems and also exchange of information.
Scientists and experts from Azerbaijan, USA, Russia, Germany, Denmark, Iran, Yemen, and Ukraine took part in the work of the 6th Baku International Congress. Submitted on plenary session the reports of O. Fanger (Denmark) ” Human requirements in future air- conditioned environments “, prof. Y. Tabunshikov (Russia) “Energy efficient building. The ideology of architecture and construction of the XXI century “, Kh. S. Al-Maamari (Yemen) ” The first steps of oil and gas exploration history in Republic of Yemen and suitable investment atmosphere” caused special interest of the participants. In the opening day of the Congress in “Gulustan” Palace an exhibition was organized to demonstrate works of the young artists devoted to nature protection. All works differed by the individual approach of the authors to environmental problems and handwritings of national school of fine art. Most worthy of them were awarded special premiums of the Congress. The participants of the congress also familiarized by modern devices on quality control of atmospheric air brought by the experts from Germany – the participants of the congress prof. T. Blum and dr. W. Kolberg.
About 250 reports addressing globalenergy and environmental problems includingclimatic changes, ozone layer depletion, energy saving and use of renewable energy sources were presented in the technical sessions “Environmental issues of the Caspian sea”, “ Safety and environmental issues of Northern and western pipeline routes “, “Energy saving. Climate Change. Renewable energy sources”.
Congress Organization International Patrons
International Ecoenergy Academy Tacis Coordinating Unit, Azerbaijan Azerbaijan Academy of Sciences Clean Energy Research Institute, USA State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic «Azerenergy» Joint-Stock Company «Gunesh» Scientific-Manufacturing Association
Chairman of the Congress
F.G. Aliyev, president, International Ecoenergy Academy Co-Chairmen of the Congress
Bagirov, minister of Ecology and Natuiral Resources of Azerbaijan Republic T. N. Veziroglu, director, Clean Energy Research Institute, USA
- Aliyev, president, State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic D. Woodward, president, BP Exploration (Caspian Sea) Ltd.
Azerbaijan Organising Committee
Chairman: M. Kerimov, president, National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan
- Manafova, chairman, Azerbaijan Parliament Commission on Ecology, Energy and Natural Resources
Mamedov, chairman, State Land Committee of Azerbaijan Republic Kh. Yusifzade, vice-president, SOCAR
- Kurbanov, director general PA «Offshore oil and gas production», SOCAR
- Mirzoyev, director general PA «Azerneftyag», SOCAR
- Aleskerov, head of department, SOCAR
- Huseynov, president, International Fund «KHAZAR»
- Gurbanov, corr.-member of Azerbaijan Academy of Sciences
- Rustamov, director, Institute of Petrochemical Processes of Azerbaijan Academy of Sciences
- Abduliayev, Institute “Gipromorneftegas”, SOCAR
- Akhundov, SOCAR, Complex Environmental Researches Laboratory
Khalilova, head of «International Relations» department, International Ecoenergy Academy
- Kerimov, director general of PC «Geophysics and Engineering Geology», SOCAR S. Karayev, chancellor, Azerbaijan State Oil Acaddemy H. Mamedov, chancellor, Azerbaijan Technical University G. Mamedova, chancellor, Azerbaijan Civil Engineering University F. Abilov, director, Azerbaijan SRDI “SUCANAL”
- Veliyev, manager, Centre “Renewable energy development and energy efficient technologies”, International Ecoenergy Academy
- Rahmanov, manager, Centre “Energy saving”, International Ecoencrgy Academy
- Askerova, International Ecoenergy Acadcmy
- Brodskaya, International Ecocnergy Academy
- Nagizade, International Ecoenergy Academy
- Ajamov, head of chair, Azerbaijan State Oil Academy
Ch. Khalifazade, head of chair, Azerbaijan State Oil Academy
- Teymurova, head of laboratory, Azerbaijan SRDI «GAS»
- Aslanov, head of department, Republic Centre of Hygiene and Epidemiology
- Soultanli, Baku State University
- Mamedov, Institute of Geography of Azerbaijan Academy of Sciences
International Executive Committee Chairman: G. Vidrine, director HSE, BP Exploration (Caspian Sea) Ltd.
- Chandler, director, Advanced International Studies Unit Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA
- Askerov, co-director, HSE, BP Exploration (Caspian Sea) Ltd. R. Tait, senior environmental adviser, EXXONMOBIL
Aliyev, general director, LUKOIL
- Sjoen, HSE manager, STATOIL Azerbaijan K. Morishita, ITOCHU Oil Exploration Co. Ltd.
Piccioni, resident team leader, Tacis
Ballerini, French Petroleum Institute, France
Davies, BP Company
- Bluhm, University of Duesseldorf, Germany Ju. Tabunshikov, ABOK, Russia P. O. Fanger, Technical University, Denmark E. Khoshravan, Tabriz University, Iran J. Kates, Great Britain
- Seljuk, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- AbduIIayev, Uzbekistan
- Pallabazzer, University of Trento, Italy
- J. Vazquez Vaamonde, CSIC, Spain
- Kakabadse, Academy of Sciences, Republic of Georgia
- Obozov, «GUN» Business Project, Kirghiz Republic
- Kasimov, «Larmag-Cheleken» Joint Venture, Turkmenistan
Ju. Zaytsev, senior HSE advisor, BP Exploration (Caspian Sea) Ltd.
- Waynes, URS Dames&Moore
- E. Evensen, ERT Ltd.